Howler is an enemy in Remnant: From the Ashes. Enemies are hostile creatures that inhabit the different realms that you'll encounter, each enemy that is seen is unique by its appearance and set of attacks. Killing a basic enemy drops common items while elite enemies drop rare items upon death.
- Ain’t nothing more stomach-dropping than a Howler’s shrieks coming from a hole you thought was safe—a tower, say, where you hid your family while you went hunting for scrounge. Them ungodly screams call up a horde of deadwood, every last one of ‘em hungry for human blood. Family didn’t stand a chance.
- The Howler will shriek for several seconds, stunning the player for the duration and summoning additional Root for you to fight.
- It will begin to teleport immediately after finishing their shriek, similar to the Slayers.
- The Howler's weak spot is in their mouth when they shriek so longer ranged combat is heavily advised.
- As an elite enemy it has a chance to drop Lumenite Crystals.
Howler Notes & Tips
- Basic Enemies respawn whenever a player or a team rests at a checkpoint.
- To identify if an elite enemy spawns in the area, players can hear a chime which indicates it to be in pursuit or if it is around.
- In Co-op Play, depending on the number of players in a team, enemy scaling increases by the number, as well as its health, and damage.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Howler's collar drop used to forge mod Howler's immunity: -20% dmg for 30 seconds
This enemy sounds strikingly similar to the stalkers when they charge at the player in Dead Space 2 a different game, and the tiny tree enemies, the Hollows in this game, sound exactly the slasher from Dead Space ....i have a hard time believing that Electronic Arts willingly let Gunfire Games use the same sound files from their own completely separate horror game. I can't be the only one who notices and it doesn't even fit the enemy's style, the sound of gurgling blood on death when they are freaking wood looking trees is really immersion breaking....