Survival Mode in Remnant: From the Ashes is a new game mode that was added with the Swamps Of Corsus DLC. This page contains information on what is included and what can be done in Survival in Remnant: From The Ashes.
Survival Mode allows players to experience a rogue like game where players start off with Repeater Pistol and some scrap and must complete random locations to acquire Equipment, Experience and Scrap to survive. The game becomes increasingly more difficult as enemies level up when a timer reaches zero.
Once the player dies, the Survival Mode will end and all the progress will be lost except for Glowing Fragments.
Survival Mode in Remnant: From The Ashes
What is Survival Mode?
What does Survival Mode do?
Survival is a roguelike mode where players start off in the Labyrinth only with a Repeater Pistol and some scrap that they can use to buy equipment. After players are ready, they teleport to a random location where they must find and defeat the boss to come back to the Labyrinth and spend their hard-earned Scrap. Enemies get progressively stronger as time goes by, until players are defeated. When the player dies the game ends, and the game starts over from the beginning.
Exploring the Survival mode and defeating Bosses, players can acquire Glowing Fragments, which can be used to purchase armor Skins.
Where can Survival Mode be found?
To find Survival Mode, head to Ward 13 and activate the World Stone. Simply choose “Survival Mode”. You will be teleported to the Labyrinth where the Survival Mode begins.
Where do I get new Equipment?
Players can acquire equipment in many ways. Instead of crafting materials, Bosses will drop the Weapons or Weapon Mods that you would usually be able to craft depending on how you kill them. Alternative kills will provide you will have alternative drops. For example, if you defeat The Ent without destroying his legs you will get Sporebloom and if you destroy his legs you will get Petrified Maul
Players can use the Scrap they earn to purchase Equipment from the pillars located on the Labyrinth. Trinkets Weapos and Armor pillars are re-stocked each time you come back from an expedition so make sure to check them.
- Consumables: The Consumables you can purchase are always the same, but they will go up in price each time you buy the getting progressively more expensive. You can also sell consumables if you like.
- Upgrades: This pillar allows you to upgrade your Dragon Heart or buy Mysterious Tomes. Dragon Heart starts at 1500 Scrap and increase by 500 each time you buy it and Mysterious Tomes start at 500 Scrap and increase 100 each time you buy them.
- Trinkets: This pillar will display a random variety of Rings and Amulets.
- Weapons: This pillar will display a random variety of Weapons which may include: Hand Guns, Long Guns and Melee Weapons. It will also sell Weapon Mods that you can equip from your inventory.
- Armor: This pillar will display a random variety of Armor including Head Armor, Body Armor and Leg Armor.
Can I play Survival Mode in Multiplayer?
Yes, you can play survival mode with other player using the Multiplayer function.
Are there different Difficulties in Survival Mode?
The survival mode allow you to choose between 4 different difficulties: Normal, Hard, Nightmare and Apocalypse. This provides players with more challenge as well as increasing the rewards.
- Normal: The regular Survival Experience. You will have plenty of time, enemies will drop a good amount of Scrap and Experience. While in the Labyrinth time will stop.
- Hard: You will have less time between enemy level ups and the amount of Scrap and experience dropped by enemies will be reduced. While in the Labyrinth time will stop.
- Nightmare. The timer will be even shorter than in hard mode and enemies will drop small amounts of Scrap and experience. The timer will keep rolling even in the Labyrinth.
- Apocalypse: Even less Timer, Experience and Scrap. The Timer will keep rolling even in the Labyrinth
What Realms are available in Survival Mode?
All Realms are available in Survival Mode, but they are random so you won't be able to select which realm you are visiting.
Does Survival Mode affect Campaign Mode?
No, Survival Mode will not replace your campaign progress and can be re-rolled freely without affecting your story. Any account bound item such as Glowing Fragments obtained in Survival Mode will be kept by your character.
Requirements for Survival Mode
You will need the Swamps Of Corsus DLC to access the Survival Mode.
How do the Traits work in Survival Mode?
Traits in Survival Mode can be acquired by picking up or purchasing Mysterious Tomes. Each Mysterious Tome will provide the player with a random Trait. If you already have the Trait it will give you 1 level in that Trait instead.
Traits use the same name and Icons as their original counterparts, but they are more powerful to match the Survival Mode experience.
Mysterious Tomes can be found dropped around Locations, Dropped from destructible such as crates, dropped by chest, dropped by Elites and can be purchased from the Upgrade Pillar at the Labyrinth.
What are the bars located at the top of the screen?
The red bar with a timer indicates the current level of the enemies. Each time the timer reaches 0 enemies will get stronger. Defeating a boss will rest 1:30 seconds making it even harder.
The blue bar indicated the player level. When the bar fills players will gain a new level. Gaining new levels increase your Hp, Stamina Bar and Damage output. Players can gain experience by defeating enemies, bosses and elites.
The third bar indicates the amount of Scrap the player has in Survival Mode.
Is the Equipment the same for Survival Mode?
Most of the equipment remains the same but there are a few exceptions that has been tweaked to match the Survival Mode play style. Such items will have the legend (Survival Mode Version).
What Rewards can I earn in Survival Mode?
Exploring the Survival mode and defeating Bosses, players can acquire Glowing Fragments, which can be used to purchase armor Skins from Whispers at Ward 13 next to the Root Mother. The sword and goggles are bought from Rigs or gained from kills.
You can also earn account-bound items by progressing through the mode in different difficulties:
- 250 Total Equipment Acquired: Ring of Flawless Beauty
- 5 Consecutive Boss Kills or buy for 50 glowing fragments: Adventurer Goggles
- 10 Consecutive Boss Kills or buy for 100 glowing fragments: Hero's Sword
- 25 Total Boss Kills: Loop of Prosperity
- 50 Total Boss Kills: Talisman of Perseverance
- 75 Total Boss Kills: Daredevil's Charm
- 100 Total Boss Kills: Black Rose
- Defeat every normal boss twice: Black Cat Band
- Defeat every world boss twice: Bright Steel Ring
- Defeat every boss twice: White Rose