Ward 13 is a location in Remnant: From the Ashes. Ward 13 serves as the main hub of the game and is located on Earth. There are different realms that a player can explore where various events, enemies, dungeons, bosses, NPCs, items are dynamically generated.
Ward 13 Information
- Ward 13 is the main hub of the game. It is where players can find other survivors and Merchants who offer their services such as selling gear, resources, and crafting.
- On Level B2 of the Ward, past the Reactor Room, there is a set of double doors that are locked. These can be opened with the Ward 13 Key Card obtained from The Founder's Hideout. Past the doors there are a series of empty rooms as well as computer monitors which give insight into the events that occurred up until the time the Root arrived on Earth.
- Access to Submachine Gun: Find Ward 13 Keycard on top of the table at Founder's Hideout. Travel back to Ward 13, head to B2 Level and use the Ward 13 Keycard. Find the Fuse in the newly opened restricted area. Head to B3 Level and put the Fuse in box and turn on the fans. Use the Ward 13 Keycard again to open the door. Turn off the fans now and go through the fans entryway. Get the Ward 13 Master Key. Turn the fans back on and head to B2 Level. Use the Ward 13 Master Key to open the door. The Submachine Gun will be on the table.
- Access to Elder Knowledge: Can be obtained by playing the tape recorded found at B2 Level.
Ward 13 NPCs
- Wallace is a kid that lives at Ward 13.
- Commander Ford is in charge of Ward 13.
- Bo is in charge of security of Ward 13.
Ward 13 Merchants
- Rigs is in charge of selling and upgrading Weapons and Armor.
- McCabe provides Crafting and Weapon Mods.
- Ace in charge of selling Crafting Materials.
- Reggie sells Consumables.
- Root Mother improve Dragon Heart.
- Whispers sells armor skins.
Ward 13 Notes & Tips
Rare item may be found on Research level behind fan near mirror room.
There is a locked door at the end of this floor, above some stairs. The key to it can be found in the Research Lab, behind the giant fan. The power must be turned off in order to make it past the fan.
There is a fuse that can be found within B2. It can be used to bring power to the Research Lab in the floor below.
Breaking tables and other furniture within will yield additional scrap and iron.
The weakness for the Root is the Head that come out when you turn on the reactor.
Ward 13 Lore
- Many believe Ward 13 was built as a safeguard against a final World War that never came. Others believe that it was a research facility where new weapons were being developed. Neither could be further from the truth. A few unfortunate souls know the real reason Ward 13 was built – to house and study the World Stones. A number of Wards were built across the planet and a small shard of the original World Stone was sent to each one for further study. This lead to the discovery of the portals to other worlds… and the attention of the Root. During the invasion, the Wards became a haven for a few select people. The facility’s thick walls kept them safe even as the rest of the world fell to the invaders. As time passed, some Wards survived while others were lost. The few desperate survivors of Ward 13 are all that remains of a once-larger community.
- Wallace has the same potential as a dreamer.
- Clementine was not hooked up to Ixillis. She was hooked to a different ice world guardian (computer monitors information).