Walkthrough for Remnant: From the Ashes gives a detailed step-by-step area guide for going through the game. The walkthrough will include a list of all Items, equipment such as Bosses, and NPCs that can be found through your adventure.
Remnant: From the Ashes Walkthrough
Walkthrough Information Goes Here
After you finish the tutorial, you will wake up at Ward 13. Explore the area and talk to Commander Ford. She will ask you to get the power back online. Go to the basement where you'll meet with Ace. She will let you choose your starting class and ask you to turn the computer to initialize the system. Go to the upper level and use the computer to initialize the reactor. When you do, the Root will appear. Fight them off until all of them are defeated. Once you are done, go to the main level of Ward 13 and talk to Reggie. He will give you Dragon Heart for free which can be used to restore your health. Go back to Commander Ford, this time she will send you to talk to Rigs and McCabe to upgrade your equipment. Rigs will provide you with the armor set of your chosen archtype and McCabe will give you a Weapon Mod. Go to Commander Ford once again, she will give you a key that you can use on a terminal in the room where the Red Crystal is located. Use the computer and activate the crystal, from here you can teleport to Earth.
After using the crystal, you will find yourself at Earth inside The Founder's Hideout. On the upper level you can see a bookshelf with an opening behind it. Break the bookshelves and crouch to pass through. Inside the room you will find Drifter's Overcoat and Drifter's Trousers. Go back to the main room, here you can find some items and Ward 13 Keycard. Go outside of the building and continue through the streets. You will eventually find an entrance to the sewer. This will lead you to your first checkpoint and dungeon. Clear the Dungeon and you will reach Earth streets once again. Keep going until you find a church. Inside the church you will meet with The Root Mother and an event will begin where you have to defend her for two minutes. After the event is over, a short scene will play and the Root Mother will ask you to meet her back at Ward 13. If you explore the area of the church, you can find the Sniper Rifle dropped in the basement. Keep going and you will find another checkpoint that you can use to go back to Ward 13. Go back to Ward 13 and talk to the Root Mother, she will ask you to search for a tower in the City that will lead you into The Labyrinth. Teleport back to earth and keep exploring until you defeat a world boss that can either be The Ent or Singe. After you defeat the boss, keep going and you will see a tower dropping from the Sky into the city. Run to the base of the tower and you will be teleported inside.
Once inside the tower, you will meet with Keeper Of The Labyrinth. After a short conversation he will teleport you to The Labyrinth. There are three portals. The one to the left leads to Corsus, the one forward leads to Rhom and the one on the right leads to Yaesha. For the time being, you will only be able to enter the one leading to Rhom. Activate the portal to enter.
You will be arrived and meet an NPC that provides you some information about the world. Keep going until you find a big Monolith with a checkpoint beneath it. Explore the desert and go through the dungeons until you face the world boss Claviger or The Harrow. When you defeat either boss, you will receive the Howling Key. You can use this key to open the Black Sun Gate located beside the monolith near the entrance to Rhom. Go inside the building and you will meet with the Undying King. The Undying King will ask you to retrieve the Guardian's Heart from Crosus for him. You can either accept his offer or reject it.
If you reject it you will have to fight with him, once defeated you will obtain the Labyrinth Key. With the Labyrinth Key you will be able to enter both Corsus and Yaesha. Using this option will grant you the opportunity to skip Corsus altogether and go directly to Yaesha skipping a part of the game.
If you accept the offer, he will open a portal behind him leading to Corsus. You can either bring him the Guardian's Heart once you have it, or betray him. You can betray him at any given moment by starting a conversation with him and telling him you won't give him the Guardian's Heart. Go inside the portal to Corsus.
You will arrive at a swamp world and find a checkpoint. Explore the area and keep moving until you find a giant hut. Inside the hut you will have a fight against The Unclean One. Once defeated, you will find another checkpoint and you will meet the Islak Queen next to it. The Iskal Queen will ask you to defeat the guardian of her world and bring the Guardian's Heart to her (The same one the Undying King wants). Keep exploring Corsus until you reach the final dungeon. There, you will find the guardian beast boss Ixillis. Defeat Ixillis and you will be rewarded with the Guardian's Heart.
You have now to decide what you want to do with the Guardian's Heart:
1) You can either give it to the Iskal Queen which will reward you with Slayer Set +8 and Crossbow +8. This will also mean you will have to fight the Undying King to be able to obtain the Labyrinth key.
2) You can give it to the Undying King which will reward you with Riven and the Labyrinth key.
3) You can keep the heart and fight the Undying King. This won't give you any additional benefit and won't affect the story events.
Once you obtain the Labyrinth key, teleport to The Labyrinth and you will be able to enter the portal located on the right part. Once inside you will find yourself in a giant forest at Yaesha. Explore Yaesha until you find an event where you have to whit stand a siege. After successfully defending the siege, you will meet with Navun. Talk with her, and she will tell you that Founder Ford has been taken captive by the Immortal Empress. Keep exploring and you will eventually find the world boss The Ravager or Totem Father. Defeat him and you will obtain access to the prison where Founder Ford is being held captive. Explore the prison and fire at the lock to gain access to Founder Ford. Speak to him, and he will tell you that you need to reach Ward 17 to end the Root advance on earth. He will give you Founder's Key.
Go back to Ward 13 and go to the lowest level. Explore the area and you will find a room with a mirror. On the same room, there is a computer with a key slot. Use the Founder's Key on the key slot and access the computer to initialize the mirror. Go through the mirror and you will reach Ward 17.
Ward 17 is an empty location. Keep going until you find a checkpoint. Next to the checkpoint you will find a small room. Inside the room you will find the last boss Dreamer. Defeat the boss and the game will be complete.
When you begin the campaign you'll spawn at Earth accompanied by Bo. Walk with him until you reach the stone. He will teleport back to Ward 13. Walk through the Farmlands until you reach a Barn.
Once you go inside a Barn a Siege event will begin where you have to repel an Urikki attack. Defeat all of them and continue ahead, you'll reach the entrance of Ward Prime
Once you enter Ward Prime head down and activate the checkpoint. There are no hostile enemies in the Ward unless you activate one of the rifts, so feel free to explore the area. While in the rift, you'll encounter two types of enemies. The ranged enemies can be killed while the melee enemies will only become staggered but will recover after a short time. In order to unlock the blast doors you'll need to complete the following steps:
- Turn left and head to the end of the corridor. Activate the breach. Run to the opposite side of the building and destroy the root obstruction blocking the door.
- Head down and explore the area. You'll find another breach and a second root obstruction. Activate the breach and destroy the root obstruction
- Cross the door and turn left. There's a window to your right. Climb it to go inside the room. Use your weapon to destroy the book case. On the other side you'll find the Ward Prime Maintenance Key.
- Head back to the first breach and use the Ward Prime Maintenance Key to open the door next to it. This will take you to the generator room. Go inside and use the breaches to destroy all the root obstructions. You'll have to destroy 3 obstruction each one located on a different floor (Use the same Breach for all of them)
- Once you've destroyed all the Root obstructions, use the computer located in the control room next to the generator and activate it. This will restore the power.
- Activate the first breach once again and destroy the root obstruction located to the right of the generator room. Head down the stairs and cross to the other side. Go up the stairs and you'll notice a hole in the wall. Aim through the hole and destroy the lock on the door. The door will open. Head back down pick the items on the room to your right. Open the door leading back to the Medical Bay. Turn left and the door will now be open. On the last room you'll find the Ring of Honor.
- Go outside the room using the ramp and turn right. The computers will now be functional. Interact with the computer to open the door leading to the Medicine Storage, inside you'll find the Ward Prime Keycard.
- Use the Ward Prime Keycard on the door located right next to the Medicine Storage. This will lead you to the Laboratory.
- Once inside the Laboratory, search for the breach. Interact with the breach and head down. You'll find three different Root Obstructions (You'll need to do this three times if you want to unlock all rooms). The Ward Prime Fuse will spawn randomly in one of the three rooms.
- Head to the upper level (Research Bay) and use the Ward Prime Keycard to open a door leading back to the first checkpoint.
- On the opposite side of the bulding you'll find the Main Bay Power room. Head inside and insert the Ward Prime Fuse and activate the power (Notice that you'll need to interact with the Fuse Box two times. One to insert the Ward Prime Fuse, and another one to restore the power.
- With the power now functional head outside and turn left. You'll find a small room with two computers and a board game. Interact with the computer located in the middle and press "Enter Password". You'll need to enter the following digits:
- After you are done, press "Unlock Storage Room" and the door to your right will open. Inside you can find the Machine Pistol
- Head back to the first Breach and use the computers right in front of the Blast Doors. You'll be able to open the blast doors now.
- Activate the Breach and destroy the Root obstruction and the quest will be complete. You'll acquire 2.312 Scrap and the Wisdom Trait.
- Interact with the portal and you'll reach Reisum.
After you complete Ward Prime use the portal. You'll now be at Reisum. Activate the first checkpoint and make your way through the map. Cross the first dungeon and defeat the boss. Once you come out, keep going until you reach Brudvaak, the Rider and Vargr, the Warg. Defeat them and on the other side of the battlefield you'll find the entrance to a cave. Head inside and you'll reach Rahla's Embrace.
Here you'll meet with Clementine and Vargyl. Speak with Vargyl and once you are done continue ahead. Cross the next dungeon and after the snow area you'll reach the Guardian's Sanctum. Head inside and speak with Clementine. A small cinematic will play and you'll be teleported to a room where you'll have to protect the Guardian from root balls. The balls can be dispatched in one shoot, so try to use a fast weapon.
Once you've dealt with the Siege event you'll be teleported back to Ward Prime. Tell Clementine that you are ready and activate the breach behind you. Go inside the portal and the boss fight against Harsgaard will begin. Once you defeat him you'll have to defeat him again as Harsgaard, Root Harbinger.
Once you defeat him, you'll see a short cinematic, the credits will play and you'll be teleported back to Ward 13.
Yeah, the Ward 13 teleport crystal after the tutorial is bugged. I can't warp to earth after the tutorial.
The radar is simple the most useless tool in the game, we kept searching for hours on where to go next, only to find out I've been there already, It's a maze and we got tired of it in Rhom, battling same enemies over and over only don't know which way to go next
We ended the bossed etc. And we're standing at the last portal with clementine. Then ended game. Now clementine is nowhere to be seen(not where the cut scene started not at the ward prime) can't start the last fight nomore. :(
I cleared the dungeon and then ended up where I started. That place is like a maze.
Incase anyone wondering at step 11 it's safe to teleport back to homestead use the key unlock 50 GS on xbox achievement called Lockdown ironic given irl right now then return to step 12 of the exceptional guide above :D
you have to activate the alternate reality by interacting with the breach, and then interact with the portal by clementine
If you die to last boss how do you find him again? Clementine is at the ward by portal but it just puts me into the woods?
After the last boss how do i go to farmlands?
How do I tell clemintine to activate the breach?
The Ward Prime Fuse can be located in any 3 of them rooms I think, I found mine in the center room. The Walkthrough here says it's in the Left Room but I think this can change every play through