New Game Plus for Remnant: From the Ashes refers to initiating another playthrough. NG+ in Remnant works differently to most games however, as the player can freely re-roll their Campaign at any time, while also separately re-rolling Adventure Mode on any planet. Further details are explained below.
New Game + in Remnant: From the Ashes
How to Unlock New Game +
- New Game Plus is technically available from the beginning of the game. Players can re-roll their Campaign, even before completion of the current iteration - while Adventure Mode provides a separate iteration of each world that can also be re-rolled at the player's leisure. This is useful for hunting down specific bosses or items the player desires, without playing through the entire campaign again.
- To re-roll either your Campaign or Adventure Mode, simply approach the red crystal in Ward 13 and make your selection.
What changes in New Game +
- Upon re-rolling either the main Campaign or Adventure Mode, a new Difficulty can be selected. Aside from providing a new iteration where different Bosses, Random Events and NPCs may spawn, this will also potentially alter enemy drops. Resources such as Glowing Fragments will only drop from Bosses on Hard difficulty or higher.
- Enemies will also scale in difficulty based on your current Gear Score. This is independent of your selected difficulty, so re-rolling the same area on the same difficulty will still increase enemy scaling if your character possesses a higher Gear Score than when you first entered that area.
What carries over to New Game +
- All acquired weapons, armor, scrap, crafting materials, traits and items will carry over across re-rolls of both the Campaign and Adventure Mode. The only exceptions are quest items tied to specific Campaign events.
- Some items, specifically those rewarded through Hardcore Mode, are account bound - meaning they are available across all current and future characters a player creates.
- Progressing through Survival Mode and defeating Bosses will also award Glowing Fragments - which are shared with the player's main character.