- Location: Earth , Sunken Passage, The Grinder
- The Boss may not spawn in your play-through, and you will need to re-roll the Campaign or Adventure Mode to find it.
- Flesh Barb
This item allows you to purchase the Mantle of Thorns from McCabe.
- Glowing Fragments:
- Hard (x3)
- Nightmare (x4)
- Apocalypse (x5)
- Gorefist will chase the player relentlessly and attack with a multitude of high-damage melee swings, which have deceptively long range. Staying at distance is advised. If Gorefist closes, be prepared to dodge. His charge attack can be avoided by dodging or even running to his left.
- Once sufficiently damaged, Gorefist will enrage, activating his Mantle of Thorns, which reduces his taken melee damage by 200%. Triggering his enraged state will also summon 2 Rot Warts, with 2 more following shortly afterwards. These enemies will aggressively sprint towards the nearest player and explode, inflicting heavy damage and ROT status build up. There are two effective counters to the Warts:
- Hunter's Mark will allow you to see Warts through walls and reposition accordingly.
- Rattle Weed can draw the attention of the Warts, allowing extermination from a safe position.
- Recommended Primary Weapons: Shotgun/ Coach Gun equipped with Hot Shot.
- Recommended Secondary Weapons: Repeater Pistol/ Submachine Gun equipped with Hunter's Mark/ Rattle Weed.
- Recommended Consumables: Oilskin Tonics to mitigate ROT status build up.
Attacks & Counters
|Chasing Slice attack||Dodge to the side to avoid this attack.|
|Horizontal & Vertical Slice||Avoid staying within range of this attack, but dodge backwards if necessary.|
|Mantle of Thorns Rot Wart Spawns||You can shoot them, for they have low health, or dodge just before they explode once they come into range.|
|Mantle of Thorns Combo||Avoid staying within range of this attack, but dodge backwards twice if necessary, for it has minor tracking aspects.|
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
Gorefist Notes & Trivia
The mechanics of Gorefist's summoning of Rot Warts was changed with the Swamps of Corsus update. The ads now appear only when Gorefist activates its Mantle of Thorns, and instead of spawning 2-3 at random, he spawns 2 initially and 2 more after a delay.
Voice Actor, homages, and other trivia go here.
Gorefist Image Gallery
[images go here]