Ammunition is imbued with flame dealing FIRE damage which is increased by 15%. Shots also have a 100% chance to apply the BURNING effect, dealing 100 FIRE damage over 10 seconds. Lasts 15 seconds.
Hot Shot is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Hot Shot Mod Information
Hot Shot is a Damage-focused mod that imbues the ammunition of the weapon it is equipped on with flame, temporarily changing its element to Fire, and increasing damage dealt by the weapon by 15%. Shots will also have a varying chance to apply the Burning effect, which deals a base of 100 Fire Damage over 10 seconds.
Hot Shot Mod Properties
- The level of the Weapon affects the damage dealt by the Burning status effect only. Each weapon level increases the Burning Status effect's damage by +10. At Weapon Level 20, Hot Shot's Burning effect deals 300 Fire Damage over second.
- The damage dealt by the Burning status effect is also affected by Mod Damage bonuses, such as those provided by the Evocation Trait and other similar effects.
- Fire Damage is considered Elemental Damage, and is therefore affected by the Wisdom Trait and other similar effects. It can also be improved with the Charcoal Necklace which specifically boosts both Fire Damage and Burning Damage, increasing both the damage dealt by standard weapon fire while the mod is active, and the damage dealt by the status effect when it procs.
- The chance to apply the Burning effect is dependent on the weapon's fire rate. With slower, single-shot weapons having a higher or maximum chance to afflict enemies with the effect.
- Hot Shot's duration itself is affected by Mod Duration bonuses, including those provided by the Concentration Trait and the Cultist's Armor Set's bonus. The duration of the Burning effect is affected by the Tormentor trait.
- Mod Power cannot be generated for Hot Shot while its effect is active.
How to Obtain Hot Shot in Remnant: From the Ashes
Hot Shot can be obtained as follows:
- Starting Trait when choosing the Scrapper as your Archetype.
- If other Archetypes are chosen, the mod can instead be purchased from McCabe in Ward 13 for 750 scrap.
Remnant: From the Ashes Hot Shot Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Hot Shot Weapon Mod go here.
I can't seem to buy Hot Shot from McCabe, it is not on her sell option. Is there an event I missed before I can buy hot shot from McCabe?
While active, Hot Shot will increase your weapons damage by 15%. This also shows in the Advanced Info page in your inventory menu. Strangely, when you switch to your non-Hot Shot weapon (while it is still active on the former), the 15% boost persists on the Info page. I'm wondering if it boosts your overall damage, even if it is INTENDED to boost only the weapon equipped with Hot Shot.
The chance of ignition varies depending on the weapon it is equipped to. The more damage a firearm does per shot, the higher the chance is of ignition. The sniper rifle, hunter pistol, shotgun, and crossbow have a 100% chance of setting the target alight. The on the other end of the spectrum the SMG sits pretty at 16% and the Beam Rifle has a 11% chance of lighting up the target.
Is the Chicago Typewriter a good choice for this mod?