Maul is a Boss in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Location: Rhom, The Burrows > Stalker's Den
- The Boss may not spawn in your playthrough, and you will need to re-roll the campaign/Adventure Mode to find it.
- Control Rod - used to initiate the boss fight against Ancient Construct.
- Break the Houndmaster's "horn", a couple of shots or a shotgun blast will suffice. When it starts to glow, the control rod should be visible. Maul will then attack its master.
- If you die the Houndmaster will not respawn and you will receive the Control Rod when Maul is defeated, provided that the device has been broken before.
- Hound Choker - used to craft Howler's Immunity.
- Glowing Fragments:
- Hard (x3)
- Nightmare (x4)
- Apocalypse (x5)
This boss is accompanied by lots of hounds. Don't let them backstab you when you focus on the boss.
Simple Strategy if you can one-shot the small dogs; The Alpha (Boss) Will barely attack the player if you're not too close so when he charges you, dodge to the side, and take 1 or 2 steps back to be at medium-range. Then ru***** down while he stares at you, and howls. A few seconds after howling, make sure to turn around and quickly take out the small dogs, and dodge the boss' charge again. Keep repeating this, and you should have him down really fast.
Attacks & Counters
|Howl and summon ads: It will howl and summon ads||Use the opportunity to fire at the boss. Kill the ads as soon as you see them|
|Charge and strike: It will charge at you and bite you||Dodge to either side and fire at it.|
Maul is the alpha of the pack. The pack did not attack the Houndmaster because of the Control Rod on his forehead which allowed him to control the hounds. Once broken, the hounds were free and Maul attacked and killed him as a result.
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
Maul Notes & Trivia
Voice Actor, homages, and other trivia go here.
Maul Image Gallery
[images go here]