The Root Mother Information
The Root Mother is actually not a boss that you fight, rather she is an NPC that you defend for a set amount of time. After progressing enough through the Earth Realm while in Campaign Mode (Root Mother does not appear in Adventure Mode) you will come across a church with a white fog wall, and a Crystal to rest at. Upon entering, she gives dialogue options, and ultimately, you must defend her from a Root Ambush. Upon victory, she will move to Ward 13 where she is used for gaining additional heals, assuming you have the materials.
The Root Mother Location
The Root Mother Rewards
The Root Mother Strategies
After you talk to The Root Mother, an event will begin where you have to defend her from The Root for two minutes. Enemies will start coming out of the windows. A good strategy is staying close to the door of the Chapel where you have a better view of the battlefield. Try to focus on the weaker root first and then deal with the Elite ones. If you are having trouble, try to lure the enemies to you while dodging until time runs out. Beware as some enemies will focus on The Root Mother and ignore you completely.
Attacks & Counters
|Devil||Try to dipatch them as soon as they appear. They can provide you with ammuniton|
|Slayer||Shoot them in the head as soon as they appear, when they teleport, fire at them quickly so they don't have time to atack|
|Hulk||Fire at its head. If it charges at you, dodge to either side and keep firing until its dead.|
The Root Mother Lore
- The Root Mother was once human but made the decision to sacrifice herself in an attempt to interface with the Root hive mind and hinder it from the inside, going to the old church and physically binding herself to the Root there, transforming her into a human-root hybrid. Eventually the player frees her from her prison, and she returns to Ward 13 to aid them.
- Root Mother name is Evelyn Ceder.
- She is Commander Ford’s grandmother.
- Ford is her husband.
- The world stone is what made Ford immortal. He had to find the Root Mother to become mortal again.
- A journal of hers can be found in the room the player awakens in upon entering Ward 13, with the writings detailing earlier days of the war, the start of her dreams, and her romance with Ford. A second journal can be found in a room in the church after defending the Root Mother, detailing more dreams, connections to the Root, and events leading to her becoming the Root Mother.
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
The Root Mother Notes & Trivia
Voice Actor, homages, and other trivia go here.
The Root Mother Image Gallery
[images go here]