Barbed Terror Location
- Location: Corsus, Needle Lair > Throne of Barbs
- This boss may not spawn on your playthrough and you will need to re-roll your Campaign/Adventure Mode to find it.
Barbed Terror Rewards
- Barbed Sinew which can be used to forge Unstable Quills.
- Glowing Fragments:
- Hard (x3)
- Nightmare (x4)
- Apocalypse (x5)
Barbed Terror Strategies
- This boss has two primary attack methods:
- Melee attacks with its claw deal high damage and have deceptively long range. However they are well telegraphed and can be dodged.
- Spikes which are launched from the walls. They will emerge from 3 areas - high on both the left and right side of the arena and low from beneath the boss itself. To deal with spikes launching from the sides, players have two options:
- Use Veil of the Black Tear to nullify incoming projectiles.
- Stay close to the boss so the spikes pass over you.
- All spikes are preceded by a glowing effect that alerts players to the impending attack. If staying close to the boss, regularly check the central area beneath the boss for incoming spikes. Dodge to avoid but be aware of your positioning to avoid the other spikes.
- The boss' head and eyes are considered a weak spot - therefore focus your focus there.
- Long Range Setup:
- Close Range Setup:
- Recommended Armor: Ossesus Set.
- Recommended Accessories: Talisman of Animosity/Hunter's Band.
Attacks & Counters
Spikes From The Wall: He will summon spikes from the wall that move forward covering all the battlefield. These can come from either left or right wall, and fire towards the middle of the arena. They can also appear and fan outwards from the throne he sits upon.
|Watch the glowing on the wall to anticipate the spikes. Wait until they are close and dodge in the opposite direction to prevent the damage.|
|Vertical Slice: He will use his arm to attack you from above.||Wait until his arm is close and dodge either left or right.|
|Side Slice: He will use his arm to attack you from the right side, covering the entire arena in his swipe. This motion always moves from the right side of the battlefield to the left, as his "Blade" arm is on his left (your right).||Dodge left or right to avoid the damage.|
|Throne Sweep: He will dig his blade arm into the ground on the left side of his throne and sweep it across the front very quickly to the right side. This only occurs if you're right up against his throne underneath him. This only affects a small area in front of the throne and not the rest of the room.||Dodge backwards. Avoid staying too close to him.|
Barbed Terror Lore
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
Barbed Terror Notes & Trivia
The Barbed Terror is the boss version of the Barbstalker enemy. The Barbed Terror is significantly larger and bluer in hue, suggesting that as the barbstalkers grow larger, they can change color.
Barbed Terror Image Gallery
[images go here]