Barbed Terror is a Boss in Remnant: From the Ashes added with the Swamps Of Corsus DLC.
Barbed Terror Location
- Location: Corsus, Needle Lair > Throne of Barbs
- This boss may not spawn on your playthrough and you will need to re-roll your Campaign/Adventure Mode to find it.
Barbed Terror Rewards
- Barbed Sinew which can be used to forge Unstable Quills.
- Glowing Fragments:
- Hard (x3)
- Nightmare (x4)
- Apocalypse (x5)
Barbed Terror Strategies
- This boss has two primary attack methods:
- Melee attacks with its claw deal high damage and have deceptively long range. However they are well telegraphed and can be dodged.
- Spikes which are launched from the walls. They will emerge from 3 areas - high on both the left and right side of the arena and low from beneath the boss itself. To deal with spikes launching from the sides, players have two options:
- Use Veil of the Black Tear to nullify incoming projectiles.
- Stay close to the boss so the spikes pass over you.
- All spikes are preceded by a glowing effect that alerts players to the impending attack. If staying close to the boss, regularly check the central area beneath the boss for incoming spikes. Dodge to avoid but be aware of your positioning to avoid the other spikes.
- The boss' head and eyes are considered a weak spot - therefore focus your focus there.
- Long Range Setup:
- Recommended Primary Weapons: Hunting Rifle/ Beam Rifle/ Assault Rifle equipped with Hot Shot.
- Recommended Secondary Weapons: Hunting Pistol/ Repeater Pistol equipped with Veil of the Black Tear.
- Close Range Setup:
- Recommended Primary Weapons: Any - equipped with Hot Shot.
- Recommended Secondary Weapons: Hive Cannon.
- Recommended Armor: Ossesus Set.
- Recommended Accessories: Talisman of Animosity/Hunter's Band.
Attacks & Counters
Spikes From The Wall: He will summon spikes from the wall that move forward covering all the battlefield. These can come from either left or right wall, and fire towards the middle of the arena. They can also appear and fan outwards from the throne he sits upon.
|Watch the glowing on the wall to anticipate the spikes. Wait until they are close and dodge in the opposite direction to prevent the damage.|
|Vertical Slice: He will use his arm to attack you from above.||Wait until his arm is close and dodge either left or right.|
|Side Slice: He will use his arm to attack you from the right side, covering the entire arena in his swipe. This motion always moves from the right side of the battlefield to the left, as his "Blade" arm is on his left (your right).||Dodge left or right to avoid the damage.|
|Throne Sweep: He will dig his blade arm into the ground on the left side of his throne and sweep it across the front very quickly to the right side. This only occurs if you're right up against his throne underneath him. This only affects a small area in front of the throne and not the rest of the room.||Dodge backwards. Avoid staying too close to him.|
Barbed Terror Lore
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.
Barbed Terror Notes & Trivia
The Barbed Terror is the boss version of the Barbstalker enemy. The Barbed Terror is significantly larger and bluer in hue, suggesting that as the barbstalkers grow larger, they can change color.
Barbed Terror Image Gallery
[images go here]
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The biggest problem with this boss is that unless you are practicing against him on standard you can't really learn him well. I think he is just one of those panic inducing bosses.
Oh look another boss that punishes melee builds. How original of Gunfire Games. Why even have melee if you can't use it? Might as well just play Destiny.
Boss kinda easy no cap(on god.)
I don't own the dlc... Why did he spawnd in my playtrough ? . _.
The easiest way to beat him in apocalypse or if you don't have the Veil of the Black Tear weapon mod is to stand in the center of the arena close to the boss but not too close to trigger the spikes. Once you get the hang of it there's no bs that can occur with melees and spikes at the same time. You only dodge one attack at a time.
- He has two attacks he'll use that can hit you from here, either the alt melee throne sweep or a line of spikes in the center spawning from left to right or vice versa
- If you're quick enough you can roll through the spikes on the side they spawn on but it's much safer just running to the other side
- Make sure to do a neutral dodge when he melees as a backward roll can get you killed
- It's a bit jarring at first but I also increased the FOV to the max so I could always see when he was spawning the center spikes in
- I used devastator and spitfire but with the range, you can use any gun
Hunter's Set and an Assault Rifle with the Veil of the Black Tear weapon mod makes this dude pretty easy. You can take the Cultist set if you can't deal with bursts of needing to actually dodge, but it WILL make the fight longer/harder. I also recommend taking a side arm with the Mender's Aura and the Burden of the Reckless ring so you can stay alive more easily.
Veil of the black tear and summon skulls with life steal works pretty well
The game bugged out and there were no barbs launching at me. Pretty relieving having to only deal with his verticle strike from the distance.
One of the easiest boss of the game, why ? It doesn't move, has a huge weakspot and there is no ads
was one of the more difficult bosses for me, later I realized that weakspot is really huge, that ring that ads weakspot dmg should be helpful
most annoying and stupid boss i´ve encountered, especcialy in Nightmare mode ist just a stupid dodge fight. made me uninstall the whole **** game which has no endcontent except stupid annoying onehits.
no usefull tips for Nightmare mode. just guys who tell you they did it in 2 minuts with just Standing in front of him. lol. thanks Gl hf in normal. >:(
good boss fight, learn the mechanics and attacks. not getting swarmed by ****ing ads like the rest of them crappy ones.
Do not try to use any freezing mod on this guy, trust me.
Iconic fight for me, and it's pretty fun, but I do hate how corrosion was integrated into the fight, meaning that any hit from his barbs basically kill you in 2 hits with corrosion which is so scary on Survival mode.
probably the most fun boss fight
Shotgun and hunting pistol, wildfire shot and hot shot, stand literally 5-6 meter in front of him and just spam shots while you avoid his melee and the front spikes which are easy enough to see coming.
This fight is a lot of fun, done in 1 - 2 minutes.
Very enjoyable, and easy once you know his mechanics.
Used normal cross bow (lvl 19) with the Veil of The Black Tear mod, used single shot hunting postol with the fire grenade mod. Then wore the full Slayer set for increased damage per shot after a reload. Then had amulet and rings on that boosted critical damage. Both bow and pistol crit hits were doing anywhere between 1500-2300 dmg. Fight didnt take long at all and by the time it was over I only ran out of ammo on bow. Pistol still had like 6 or 7 rounds left.
It has stupid amounts of HP, bring a lot of corrosive heal and ammo boxes, because its going to be a looong fight
Some barbs can hit you while in a dodge roll, lost in a survival due to that >_>
Lazy excuse of a DLC boss. Ive fought this garbage 3 times. It seems like he generates in each map, with specific amount of functionality. Sometimes he's a brain dead waffle. Sometimes he's an r1 spamming herpes simplex virus. Its Scald and Sear all over again.
Crossbow bolts to the face on range = about 1500-2000 damage per shot. Mmmmm yes this is lovely. Also one of the easier bosses in the game too but has a large HP pool.
There's a spot right in front of him, not too close, but just in front of the pool of acid or whatever it is. If you stand there, most of his spikes can't hit you except for the frontal spikes, and you can tap spacebar without holding WASD to dodge in place. Downed him ezpz after I figured that out.
Veil of the Black Tear is the mvp weapon mod for this fight. 100% invalidates him spamming his spikes all day and you only have to dodge his claw attack.