|Critical Hit Chance||5%|
Shotgun is a Long Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Jerry-built, rusted, finnicky at best... but damn if it don't kill Root good. Watch the kick though--it smacks harder'n anything you might try to kill.
Where to find Shotgun
- Can be acquired from Ace by selecting the Scrapper Archetype.
- Can be purchased from Rigs for 600 Scrap
How to use Shotgun
- This weapon requires Long Gun Ammo.
- A Weapon Mod can also be slotted into this weapon.
Comparisons to Coach Gun
The Coach Gun is the other shotgun available at the beginning of the game, and it directly compares to the Shotgun. Compared to the Coach Gun, the Shotgun:
- Deals more overall damage when all pellets hit.
- Has larger spread, and therefore has a smaller effective range. Although the weapons are listed as being only a meter apart in effective range, this only effects the damage drop off from the gun. The shotguns needs to be almost point-blank to hit enemies with all it's pellets, and deal full damage.
- Has a much larger clip size.
- Has a much longer reload.
- Has a much longer delay between shots.
The shotgun is ideal for players who are good at managing enemy aggro, and makes an excellent supplement to melee-heavy play styles. It is best for players who prefer a sustained fighting style and who don't mind using all their weapons.
Shotgun Upgrade Table
You can see Crafting for a complete table on upgrade requirements.
- High damage per shot. Suited for close-range builds.
- The grip on the pump is likely inspired by the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw Grip. Said attachment is mostly a meme in reality.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This gun is hilariously OP when used with Hunter's Set, Gunslinger's Charm Hunter's Ring, Hunter's Halo, and all relevant Traits. Some of the best close range burst damage in the game honestly. Hunter's Halo basically doubles the damage fall-off range, Hunter's Set/Ring stack raw damage/weakspot damage AND tighten the spread which helps with mid range engagements, whilst the Gunslinger's Charm buffs its DPS. Shoot weakspots and just watch as everything deletes itself.
To anyone who hasn't used this at further range, it has a broken property of stunning enemies at about 15-25m away, meaning you can literally just shoot the shotgun and whip out a magnum to finish a smaller enemy off. This doesn't work too well on bosses but does really well with regular enemies and elites. Plus in early game this plus hot shot basically means everything dies in 1 hit.
At the range this weapon is effective, you can get better dps from melee.
Literally the most broken gun in the game lol