|Critical Hit Chance||5%|
Jerry-built, rusted, finnicky at best... but damn if it don't kill Root good. Watch the kick though--it smacks harder'n anything you might try to kill.
Where to find Shotgun
- Can be acquired from Ace by selecting the Scrapper Archetype.
- Can be purchased from Rigs for 600 Scrap
How to use Shotgun
Comparisons to Coach Gun
The Coach Gun is the other shotgun available at the beginning of the game, and it directly compares to the Shotgun. Compared to the Coach Gun, the Shotgun:
- Deals more overall damage when all pellets hit.
- Has larger spread, and therefore has a smaller effective range. Although the weapons are listed as being only a meter apart in effective range, this only effects the damage drop off from the gun. The shotguns needs to be almost point-blank to hit enemies with all it's pellets, and deal full damage.
- Has a much larger clip size.
- Has a much longer reload.
- Has a much longer delay between shots.
The shotgun is ideal for players who are good at managing enemy aggro, and makes an excellent supplement to melee-heavy play styles. It is best for players who prefer a sustained fighting style and who don't mind using all their weapons.
Shotgun Upgrade Table
You can see Crafting for a complete table on upgrade requirements.
- High damage per shot. Suited for close-range builds.
- The grip on the pump is likely inspired by the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw Grip. Said attachment is mostly a meme in reality.