Scald and Sear are a pair of Bosses in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Scald and Sear Location
- Location: Yaesha, Withering Village > Warden's Pulpit
- These Bosses may not spawn in your playthrough, and you will need to re-roll your Campaign/Adventure Mode to find them.
Scald and Sear Rewards
- Zephyr's Conduit which can be used to forge Wildfire Shot.
- Glowing Fragments:
- Hard (x3)
- Nightmare (x4)
- Apocalypse (x5)
Scald and Sear Strategies
Phase 1: Sear (Flying Boss)
- Sear is the more aggressive of the pair and will pursue the player while launching fire bombs. However, Sear has comparatively low health and fights in the open, proving an easy target. Draw him into isolation, target his head while dodging his attacks - and he'll go down quickly.
Phase 2: Scald (Crossbow Boss)
- Scald prefers to fight at range. He is tougher and deals more damage than his counterpart and will frequently re-position and fire from cover. Given his elusive nature, if fighting at range, high damage, single-shot weapons are preferred, or weapons capable of inflicting damage over time.
- Scald's attacks will often set the area on fire, so whether engaging up close or at range, exercise extreme caution especially on higher difficulties. Remember that rolling is very effective at nullifying the BURNING status ailment.
- Throughout this stage Scald will repeatedly summon 2x Fleshopedes. Retreating to the upper level on either side of the arena will bottle-neck them and allow players to more safely engage them.
- Recommended Primary Weapons: Hunting Rifle/ Devastator.
- Recommended Secondary Weapons: Hive Cannon.
- Recommended Consumables: Hydro Coolant.
Attacks & Counters
|Sear (Flying Boss)
|Fire bomb: It will cast a firebomb and throw it at you||Try to dodge to either side.|
|Scald (Crossbow Boss)
|Fire volley: It will shoot a fire volley at you dealing high damage and Burning you||Try to run to either side until the volley is over.|
Scald and Sear Lore
Sear is a Zephyr. The Zephyr is a subspecies of the Wrin, a winged race subjugated by the Pan long ago. Highly intelligent and loyal, the Wrin form the vanguard of the Pan army employed as the scouts, guards and assassins of the nobility. The Zephyr’s primary weapons are its Bolas, an entangling weapon made up of three incendiary weights connected by a thin filament. With a quick snap of its wrist, the Zephyr can ignite the Bolas and fling them with unerring accuracy at its intended target. Impact from the weapon can cause devastating burns and knock a victim to the ground.
Scald and Sear Notes & Trivia
Voice Actor, homages, and other trivia go here.
Scald and Sear Image Gallery
[images go here]