Damage (Boss Weapon)
Fires an explosive round that deals 25 ROT damage within 3 meters and will leave a deadly gas cloud that slows enemies and lasts for 7 seconds.
Spore Shot is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Spore Shot Mod Information
Spore Shot is a Damage-focused Intrinsic Mod attached to the Sporebloom boss weapon. It serves as an alternate firing mode for the Sporebloom, firing an explosive projectile that deals 25 Rot Damage in a small 3-meter radius. On impact, the projectile will leave a deadly gas cloud that significantly slows enemies caught in it, while rapidly damaging them. The gas cloud lingers for 7 seconds at the base level and the mod holds up to 2 Charges. Users can freely switch between firing modes, as long as the mod has at least one charge.
When the mod is activated, the Sporebloom's targeting reticle changes to that of a grenade launcher, and the Spore Shot can then be aimed and shot manually with the fire button. While there are many mods with much stronger explosive damage, Spore Shot's strength lies in its area denial ability, thanks to its very powerful spore cloud. The cloud significantly reduces the animation speed of enemies caught within, slowing both their movement and attack speeds down to a crawl. It also inflicts low but very rapid damage ticks, whittling away at enemies' health bars and softening them up, allowing the player to finish them off as they struggle to charge forward. Players need to be careful, however, as the Spore Shot's cloud can deal friendly fire damage, including to the user.
Spore Shot Mod Properties
- Spore Shot's projectile damage is affected by the Sporebloom's weapon level, with each level granting +5 damage to the explosive projectile. At Weapon Level 10, the projectile deals 75 damage. The spore cloud deals around 40 damage per tick at Weapon Level 10, at a rate close to the firing rate of the Submachine Gun.
- Spore Shot's projectile damage is further affected by Mod Damage bonuses, such as those granted by the Evocation trait.
- Rot Damage is considered Elemental Damage and is therefore affected by the Wisdom Trait and other similar effects.
- Spore Shot's projectile also deals Explosion Damage and can be improved with the Demolitionist trait and other similar effects.
- Note that Elemental Damage and Explosion Damage bonuses are not reflected in the weapon mod's description in the menu, but are included in the damage calculation.
- The spore cloud's duration is affected by Mod Duration bonuses, such as those provided by the Concentration Trait, as well as the Cultist's Armor Set's bonus.
- The Vulcan's Detonator amulet grants Spore Shot's projectile a +25% damage bonus and will cause it to afflict enemies with the Burning status effect, dealing damage over time which pushes damage even further with the spore cloud's rapid damage ticks.
How to Obtain Spore Shot in Remnant: From the Ashes
Spore Shot is an Intrinsic Mod belonging to the Sporebloom and cannot be removed.
- Spore Gland - Obtained by defeating The Ent, one of the two World Bosses found on Earth. The gland is obtained by defeating The Ent the regular way. Defeating it after shooting its legs off (alternate kill) awards the Twisted Heart instead.
- Lumenite Crystal x 7 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which spawn randomly throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Spore Shot Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Spore Shot Weapon Mod go here.