Static Field Shot
Damage (Boss Weapon)
Fires a projectile that deals 65 SHOCK damage and applies the OVERLOADED effect. Overloaded enemies will trigger an explosion when they get within 4 meters from each other dealing up to 325 SHOCK damage within a 5 meter radius.
Static Field Shot is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Static Field Shot Mod Information
Static Field Shot is a Damage-focused Intrinsic Mod attached to the Eye of the Storm boss weapon. It serves as an alternate firing mode for the Eye of the Storm, shooting a projectile that deals 65 Shock Damage and applying the Overloaded effect to enemies hit. Overloaded enemies trigger a large explosion when they get within 4 meters of each other, dealing 325 Shock Damage within a 5 meter radius. The mod holds up to 3 Charges and the user can freely switch between firing modes, as long as the mod has at least one charge.
When the mod is activated, the Eye of the Storm's targeting reticle changes and the Static Field Shot can then be aimed and shot manually with the fire button. Despite its appearance of an AoE blast, the projectile fired can only hit one target, but has a 100% chance of applying the Overloaded effect.
Static Field Shot has the potential to deal tremendous amounts of damage in crowded fights with the proper setup. It benefits from Mod Damage, Elemental Damage, and Explosion Damage bonuses. Note that Overloaded enemies can also be detonated manually with Shock damage by switching back to the primary fire. However, this results in a lesser explosion that deals less damage and has a much smaller radius. The most effective use of Static Field Shot is rapidly overloading two or more enemies within a crowd and then kiting them around to get them within each others' proximity. When two such enemies get close to each other, a chain of lightning forms between them and after a short delay, the massive explosion will trigger.
Static Field Shot Mod Properties
- Static Field Shot's damage is affected by the Eye of the Storm's weapon level, with each level granting +13 damage to the projectile, and +65 damage to the large explosion. At Weapon Level 10, Static Field Shot's projectile deals 195 damage, while the large explosion deals 975 damage.
- Static Field Shot's damage is further affected by Mod Damage bonuses, such as those granted by the Evocation trait.
- Shock Damage is considered Elemental Damage, and is therefore affected by the Wisdom trait and similar effects. It can also be improved with the Storm Amulet which specifically boosts Shock Damage.
- The explosion portion is affected by Explosion Damage bonuses, such as those provided by the Demolitionist Trait and similar effects.
- Note that Elemental Damage and Explosion Damage bonuses are not reflected in the weapon mod's description in the menu, but are included in the damage calculation.
- The Vulcan's Detonator amulet grants the explosions a +25% damage bonus and will afflict enemies with the Burning effect, dealing damage over time.
How to Obtain Static Field Shot in Remnant: From the Ashes
Static Field Shot is an Intrinsic Mod belonging to the Eye of the Storm and cannot be removed.
- Totem Antler - Obtained by defeating the Totem Father, one of the world bosses of Yaesha. Before entering the boss' arena, look to the left to find a Totem. You can shoot the metal plates on either side of the totem to turn it around and change its color. To obtain the Totem Antler, you must enter the arena and defeat the boss while this totem is blue. Doing so while it is red will award the Tempest Heartstring instead.
- Lumenite Crystal x 7 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which spawn randomly throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Static Field Shot Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Static Field Shot Weapon Mod go here.