Damage (Boss Weapon)
Fires a projectile that deals 20 CORROSIVE damage within 2.5 meters releasing an insect cloud that lasts for 12 seconds. Spreads to nearby enemies.
Hive Shot is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Hive Shot Mod Information
Hive Shot is a Damage-focused Intrinsic Mod attached to the Hive Cannon boss weapon. It serves as an alternate firing mode for the Hive Cannon which fires a projectile that explodes on impact and deals 20 Corrosive Damage and releasing an insect cloud that damages enemies within, applies stacks of the Corroded effect and can spread to nearby enemies. The cloud lasts for 12 seconds and the mod holds up to 3 Charges. Users can switch freely between firing modes as long as the mod has at least one charge.
When the mod is activated, the Hive Cannon's targeting reticle changes to a grenade-launcher type and the Hive Shot can be aimed and shot manually with the fire button. The Hive Shot is excellent for clearing mobs. Despite its low damage in the description, it deals damage over time and increases damage dealt to enemies affected by the Corroded effect, which further increases the damage dealt to them by the insect clouds. This corroding effect is also great at increasing damage against Bosses and Elites. Hive Shot benefits from Mod Damage, Elemental Damage and Explosion Damage bonuses.
Hive Shot Mod Properties
- Hive Shot's damage is affected by the Hive Cannon's weapon level, with each level granting +4 damage to the projectile. At Weapon Level 10, Hive Shot deals 60 damage with the projectile.
- Hive Shot's damage is further affected by Mod Damage bonuses, such as those granted by the Evocation trait.
- Corrosive Damage is considered Elemental Damage and is therefore affected by the Wisdom Trait and other similar effects.
- Hive Shot also deals Explosion Damage which can be improved by the Demolitionist Trait and other similar effects.
- Note that Elemental Damage and Explosion Damage bonuses are not reflected in the weapon mod's description in the menu, but are included in the damage calculation.
- The insect cloud's duration is affected by Mod Duration bonuses, such as those provided by the Concentration Trait, as well as the Cultist's Armor Set's bonus. The duration of the Corroded effect can be improved with the Tormentor Trait.
How to Obtain Hive Shot in Remnant: From the Ashes
Hive Shot is an Intrinsic Mod belonging to the Hive Cannon and cannot be removed.
- Hivestone - Obtained by defeating Ixillis, one of the two World Bosses found in Corsus. To obtain the Hivestone, you must let one of the Ixillis bosses enrage. Killing both Ixillises simultaneously (alternate kill method) will award the Guardian Tentacle instead.
- Lumenite Crystal x 7 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which spawn randomly throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Hive Shot Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Hive Shot Weapon Mod go here.