Very Good Boy
Summons a VERY GOOD BOY that deals 80 damage per bite. Pet the dog to increase his damage dealt by 5% for 60 seconds. Lasts 60 seconds (Max 1)
Very Good Boy is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Very Good Boy isn't a Craftable Item. Weapon Mods are categorized as active abilities that provide both offensive and defensive effects to a player or to a team which can be used in battle.
How to Find Very Good Boy
- Very Good Boy is obtained after petting the Good Boy next to Wud in Rhom.
- Very Good Boy is an Account Bind item, this means that it can be used across on all your characters (this includes new characters and already created ones in both normal and hardcore difficulty).
Very Good Boy Notes & Tips
- VERY GOOD BOY damage increases with the weapon's level, up to 240, and is affected by Mod Damage and Summon Damage.
- VERY GOOD BOY duration is affected by Mod Duration.
- Using this mod while there is already a Very Good Boy on the battlefield will replace the one deployed.
- Very Good Boy will stand still and let players pet him if there are no enemies around (visible or close enough) and he wasn't petted yet. He can be pet again after re-summoning.
- Petting the Very Good Boy also has a hidden effect: for the next 10 minutes, you will gain a 0.5 health regen per sec buff. This effect persists through zone change, weapon switching, mod removal, Very Good Boy's death or decay, but not player's death. The regen effect is not mentioned in the game in any way, and there is no corresponding buff icon.
- Since enemies in Remnant mostly ignore summons, Very Good Boy's speed, damage and availability make him an excellent choice for almost any exploration.
- His tendency to strike enemies to the head makes him very powerful against humanoid enemies, but he'll frequently miss smaller ones.
Mod's variable parameters depend on the level of the weapon the mod is added to. Below is the table of Very Good Boy's damage
|Weapon lvl||Very Good Boy's damage|
Bugs and glitches
- PC: If Very Good Boy was killed by friendly fire and/or by knockdown attack (as ones that flops player on the ground), he will lay on the ground, ragdolling, barking and creepily twitching his legs until summon decay or re-summoning (inconsistent)