Summons a WASTELAND SKULL which shoots projectiles that deal 40 damage per hit. Lasts 60 seconds. (Max 2)
Beckon is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Beckon Mod Information
Beckon is a Summon type mod that calls forth friendly Wasteland Skulls to fight alongside the caster for 60 seconds. The mod stores up to 2 Charges, and the caster can summon up to two Skulls at any one time. Attempting to summon more than 2 will replace one of the Skulls currently deployed, but this also serves to essentially refresh their duration.
Wasteland Skulls are floating heads that will actively seek Enemies within the vicinity and attack them with ranged projectiles dealing a base damage of 40 per hit. Their floating nature and small size make them difficult to hit for enemies that actually target them, making them excellent companions. They are typically the better option over the Seed Caller summon mod as they last longer, are harder to hit and attack from range, allowing them to hit Bosses such as Ixillis who are unreachable by melee summons. The Skulls' targeting can run into some issues in enclosed spaces such as dungeons, where they will often detect enemies through walls or other obstacles, attempting to attack them through it and failing until the enemy is within line of sight. However, this can also prove beneficial as it allows players to detect ambushes, especially by the Swamp Bug enemies in Corsus that tend to hide in corners. The Skulls also have a tendency to fly straight up to enemies' faces, blocking the caster's view especially in Boss fights.
Beckon Mod Properties
- The damage each Skull does is affected by the level of the weapon that the mod is slotted into. Each weapon level grants +4 damage, granting the Skulls a maximum of 120 base damage at Weapon Level 20.
- The Skulls' damage is further affected by Mod Damage and Summon Damage effects, such as those granted by the Evocation and Invoker Traits, respectively. The Skulls gain a bonus damage of +35% from these Traits alone when they are maxed.
- The Soul Link ring grants a 5% Life Steal component to damage dealt by Summons, healing the caster with every hit. This is a great ring to combine with the Beckon mod, especially when two Skulls are active, keeping the caster topped up relatively easily with their frequent attacks.
- The Soul Ember ring can turn the Skulls into bombs that the caster can set off manually by shooting them. At high enough weapon levels, this serves as a great crowd clearing ability, coupled with the Beckon mod's relatively quick recharge.
- The Skulls summoned are identical to the Wasteland Skull enemies found throughout Rhom, which can be confusing when used in that world.
How to Obtain Beckon in Remnant: From the Ashes
Beckon can be crafted by McCabe in Ward 13 by providing her with the following materials:
- Sentinel Shard - Obtained by defeating Raze, a dungeon boss found in Rhom.
- Lumenite Crystal x 5 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which randomly spawn throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Beckon Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Beckon Weapon Mod go here.
These are absolutely nuts! One of the best for Solo Gaming and a lot of Adds!
"I summon thee, floating skull glass canon!"
The mod has disappeared off of my gun! What do I do?
These do a lot more damage than the tooltip says. The tooltip says they do 40 damage per hit, but it's more around 250~ damage per hit, atleast for me and my friends running on Nightmare difficulty. You can also have up to two up at the same time. They are also not counted as enemies by your enemies, meaning they are typically ignored and just go crazy on the enemy, only dying from timeout or if they coincidentally soak up hits.