|Effect||Enter a rift for 2.8 seconds leaving a summoned CLONE behind which draws aggro within 12.5 meters. The caster is invulnerable and their Movement Speed is increased by 30%. Upon exiting, the clone explodes dealing 250 damage within 5.5 meters. Does not affect powerful enemies. 15 second cooldown. (Max 1).|
Rift Walker is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Rift Walker Mod Information
Rift Walker is a Utility type mod with a Summon component. It allows the caster to enter a rift for 2.8 seconds, becoming invulnerable and leaving behind a Clone of themself. The Clone will draw aggro on enemies within the vicinity and then explode when the caster's rift duration expires. The Clone's explosion deals a base damage of 250 to all enemies within 5.5 meters. While the caster is in the rift, their movement speed is increased by 30%. Rift Walker is an excellent mod for getting out of hairy situations while also allowing the caster to control the battlefield and deal an immense amount of damage.
Rift Walker Mod Properties
- The Clone's damage is affected by the level of the Weapon that the mod is slotted in, granting +25 damage per weapon level, up to a maximum total of 750 base damage at Weapon Level 20. This damage can further be affected by several modifiers.
- The Clone fulfills the trifecta of being a mod that deals damage, a summon, and an explosion effect, which means it is affected by the Mod Damage, Summon Damage, and Explosion Damage stats, including those granted by equipment and Traits.
- With Traits alone, Rift Walker's Clone can gain a bonus of up to +50% damage by maxing out the Evocation, Invoker and Demolitionist Traits. Note that the bonus from the Demolitionist Trait is not reflected on the Mod's description in the menu, but will be included in the damage calculation.
- The line in the description that reads "Does not affect powerful enemies." is misleading as it only refers to the taunting component of the Clone. While it will not taunt Elites and Bosses, the Clone's explosion will still deal damage to them.
- Rift Walker has a 15 second cooldown after usage. While the mod is on cooldown, attacks will not generate Mod Power, so it's best to switch to your other weapon during this time. Additionally, when touching a Checkpoint Crystal while Rift Walker is on cooldown, it will reset the cooldown, but will not fill its Mod Power meter. A second interaction with the crystal is required to recharge the mod.
- Rift Walker is not affected by Mod Duration effects.
- The Vulcan's Detonator amulet works amazingly with Rift Walker, granting it a +25% bonus damage for the explosion and applying the Burning effect on enemies hit. The Soul Ember ring can further push this damage an additional +25% as the Clone fulfills both criteria of being a Summon and one that explodes.
- Because Rift Walker counts as a Summon, the Soul Link ring can turn it into an even better panic button by providing a healing component to the Clone's explosion. With a high enough damage on the mod, an explosion that catches at least 2 enemies will fully heal the caster.
How to Obtain Rift Walker in Remnant: From the Ashes
Rift Walker can be crafted by McCabe in Ward 13 by providing her with the following materials:
- Luminous Gland - Obtained by defeating the Dream Eater, a dungeon boss found in Corsus.
- Lumenite Crystal x 5 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which randomly spawn throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Rift Walker Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Rift Walker Weapon Mod go here.
Needs another charge, along a cooldown imo. Or less power cost. Or both.
Does anyone know if this de-aggros yourself so something like the heartseeker ring can activate?