Breath of the Desert
|Effect||Discharge 7 radioactive projectiles that will seek towards enemies within 20 meters and deal 30 RADIATION damage each.|
Breath of the Desert is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Breath of the Desert Mod Information
Breath of the Desert is a Damage-focused mod that allows the caster to hurl 7 projectiles that home in on locked targets, each one dealing a base damage of 30. These projectiles deal Radiation damage, and the mod can hold up to 3 Charges.
Casting Breath of the Desert normally fires the projectiles in a very wide cone in front of the caster, but the more effective way to use it is to hold the cast button which allows players to lock onto enemies within the mod's 20-meter range. Once locked on, release the cast to send the projectiles homing onto the locked-on targets.
Breath of the Desert is very similar to the Defiler's Radioactive Volley mod, but its homing ability makes it more accurate without the need for much aiming. It also fires 7 projectiles instead of the Volley's 6, but both mods deal the same amount of damage when all projectiles hit. Breath of the Desert also has the advantage of allowing players to equip it on any standard gun, while the Radioactive Volley is an intrinsic mod for the Defiler and cannot be removed.
Breath of the Desert Mod Properties
- Breath of the Desert's projectile damage is affected by the level of the Weapon the mod is slotted onto. Each weapon level grants each projectile +3 damage. At Weapon Level 20, each projectile deals 90 damage.
- Each projectile's damage is further affected by Mod Damage effects, such as those provided by the Evocation Trait.
- Radioactive Damage is considered Elemental Damage, and is therefore affected by the Wisdom Trait and similar effects. It can also be improved with the Radioactive Ember amulet which specifically boosts Radioactive Damage. Note that bonus Elemental Damage is not reflected in the mod's description in the menu, but is included in the damage calculation.
How to Obtain Breath of the Desert in Remnant: From the Ashes
Breath of the Desert can be crafted by McCabe in Ward 13 by providing her with the following materials:
- Breath of the Desert can be Crafted after defeating Scourge side boss on Rhom.
- Materials required :
- Radioactive Skull - Obtained by defeating Scourge, a dungeon boss found in Rhom.
- Lumenite Crystal x 5 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which randomly spawn throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remannt: From the Ashes Breath of the Desert Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Breath of the Desert Weapon Mod go here.
Has 2 charges
What does Radiation do against mobs? Like, other than change phys dmg to elemental. Fire does dmg over time. And this?
Hit them with unstable quills, then breath of the desert, then detonate quills. AKA the baja blast.
This is an awesome mod paired with the sniper rifle, gives you the ability to quickly delete up close mobs - very handy if you're trying to focus down a boss or elite and don't have the time to handle the adds
Still very strong even post-nerf. The burst potential of this mod is quite something to behold, since you can store up to 3 shots and quick-fire them all very rapidly, you can demolish groups of enemies with ease, and take large chunks out of most bosses HP.
Does decent damage against squishier enemies like the Undying kings bull*****orbs, and is an easy way to put out fast damage. If it didn't home in, maybe it would be D-Tier, but with the homing its B-Tier imo
Best to skip this mod, got nerfed something stupid