Damage (Boss Weapon)
Spews flames that will ignite targets with the BURNING effect dealing 100 FIRE damage over 10 seconds.
Flame Thrower is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Flame Thrower Mod Information
Flame Thrower is a Damage-focused Intrinsic Mod attached to the Spitfire boss weapon. It serves as an alternate firing mode for the Spitfire, unleashing a steady stream of flames, dealing damage and afflicting targets with the Burning Effect which deals 100 Fire Damage over 10 seconds. Flame Thrower holds 50 Charges and one charge is expended for every second the stream is fired. Users can freely switch between firing modes as long as the mod has at least one charge.
When the mod is activated, the Spitfire's targeting reticle changes and the Flame Thrower can then be aimed and unleashed manually by holding down the fire button. The stream deals steady damage and is guaranteed to ignite targets.
Flame Thrower is an excellent mod for clearing crowds of lesser enemies quickly, as well as for dealing consistent damage to Elites and Bosses, particularly after leveling up the Tormentor trait. It can also be aimed at the ground to leave patches of flames that will deal damage and ignite enemies that step into them, allowing for some defensive/area denial strategies that can be useful in the early stage dungeons on Earth.
Flame Thrower Mod Properties
- The Burning effect stacks up to 3 times, tripling the amount of damage it does over its duration.
- The damage dealt by the Burning effect is affected by the Spitfire's weapon level, with each level granting +20 damage to the Burning effect per stack. At Weapon Level 10, the Burning effect deals 300 damage over 10 seconds per stack for a maximum of 900 base damage over 10 seconds at 3 stacks.
- Flame Thrower's Burning damage is further affected by Mod Damage bonuses, such as those granted by the Evocation trait.
- Fire Damage is considered Elemental Damage and is therefore affected by the Wisdom Trait and other similar effects. It can also be improved with the Charcoal Necklace, which specifically boosts Fire Damage. Note that Elemental Damage bonuses are not reflected in the weapon mod's description in the menu, but are included in the damage calculation.
- The Burning effect's duration can be extended with the Tormentor trait.
How to Obtain Flame Thrower in Remnant: From the Ashes
Flame Thrower is an Intrinsic Mod belonging to the Spit Fire and cannot be removed.
The Spitfire is a Boss Weapon that can be crafted by McCabe in Ward 13 by providing her with the following materials:
- Blazing Heart - Obtained by defeating Singe, one of the two World Bosses found on Earth. To obtain the heart, simply kill Singe in the standard method. Killing Singe after destroying its tail (alternate kill) will award the Dragon Links instead.
- Lumenite Crystal x 7- Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which spawn randomly throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Flame Thrower Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Flame Thrower Weapon Mod go here.