Increases Status effect duration when applied to enemies.
+1.5% Status Effect Duration.
+30% Status Effect Duration.
Apply 100 Status Effects on enemies.
Tormentor is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes. Traits are special passive abilities tied to character progression. They provide a large variety of effects including increasing core stats, improving offensive and defensive capabilities or providing quality of life upgrades. Traits are the key to building a character in a player's preferred playstyle, allowing them to branch off from their chosen Archetype. Traits are obtained by performing certain feats, defeating certain enemies or completing objectives and quests. Each Trait can be ranked up to Level 20, further improving their effects.
"Ever read something called The War of the Worlds? Hell of an ending with some ideas I reckon we could use."
Remnant Tormentor Trait Effect Information
The Tormentor Trait increases the duration of Status Effects applied to enemies by +1.5% per Trait Point invested, up to a maximum of +30% Status Effect Duration at Level 20.
Status Effects and increased duration shine in longer fights such as those against Bosses and particularly tanky Elites. The effects that benefit the most from this are the Bleeding and Burning statuses, boosting your overall damage when using weapons that apply them.
Tormentor was added with the update preceding the release of Subject 2923, but does not require the DLC to unlock.
How to Obtain Tormentor in Remnant: From the Ashes
The Tormentor Trait can be unlocked as follows:
- Acquired by applying 100 Status Effects on enemies. This can easily be achieved with the Hot Shot mod which is available very early in the game.
- If you are also looking to unlock the Demolitionist Trait, the Hive Cannon can help with both Traits' unlock requirements.
Remnant: From the Ashes Tormentor Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes for the Tormentor Trait go here.
- All Traits can be ranked up by spending Trait Points on them. Trait Points are acquired primarily by obtaining Experience Points and leveling up. Every 1,500 Experience Points obtained grants 1 Trait Point.
- Trait Points can also be acquired by finding and picking up Tomes of Knowledge which randomly spawn in the major locations of each world.
- Traits can be reset by using an Orb of Undoing, acquired at the end of main Campaign. After completing the Campaign, these orbs can then be purchased from Reggie in Ward 13 for 2,500 Scrap apiece.
|All Traits in Remnant: From the Ashes|
Arcane Strike ♦ Armor Piercer ♦ Bark Skin ♦ Blood Bond ♦ Catalyst ♦ Climber ♦ Cold as Ice ♦ Concentration ♦ Demolitionist ♦ Elder Knowledge ♦ Endurance ♦ Evocation ♦ Executioner ♦ Exploiter ♦ Flash Caster ♦ Footwork ♦ Fortification ♦ Glutton ♦ Guardian's Blessing ♦ Handling ♦ Hard Charger ♦ Heavy Hitter ♦ Invoker ♦ Keeper's Blessing ♦ Kingslayer ♦ Last Resort ♦ Luminescent ♦ Mind's Eye ♦ Mother's Blessing ♦ Potency ♦ Quick Hands ♦ Rapid Strike ♦ Recovery ♦ Revivalist ♦ Scavenger ♦ Shadow Walker ♦ Siphoner ♦ Sleight of Hand ♦ Spirit ♦ Steady Breathing ♦ Suspicion ♦ Swiftness ♦ Teamwork ♦ Triage ♦ Trigger Happy ♦ Vaccine ♦ Vigor ♦ Warrior ♦ Will to Live ♦ Wisdom ♦ World Walker
Try it w abrasive amulet, then w fire sword, if you can melee the boss, you stack three fire( firesword) and 6 corrosive( amulet) with about three charge attacks. The dps is extreme, slaughtered the undying king and barely had minion problems. Just start shooting, then occasionally charge attack to reset duration. It’s also excellent for flame thrower submachine gun, just a little fire to reset burning, then switch weapon, it’s a huge increase to dps.
Does it work with SWARM?
Does this extend the hunters mark duration? Also does hunters mark work with the catalyst trait?
Does it work with Spitfire flame thrower DOT?
Can anyone confirm if this works with bleeds to increase the total damage dealt?
Does this work with weapon mods from boss weapons like skewer from devastator?