Houndmaster is an NPC in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Houndmaster is a Merchant that provides Consumables.
- Location: Rhom.
- In order to buy the Houndmaster's Jerky, you need to interact with the fire closest to him from the side closest to the door and exhaust his dialog.
- Access to Control Rod and Ancient Construct:
- Break the Houndmaster's "horn" (control rod), a couple of shots or a shotgun blast will do the trick and when it starts to glow, the Control Rod should be visible. Maul will then attack it's master. If you die the Houndmaster will not respawn and you will receive the Control Rod when Maul is defeated provided that the device has been broken before.
- Place the Control Rod into the chest of the Vyr automaton outside of Wud's shop in Rhom and it will activate. This begins a boss fight against the Ancient Construct, which yields the Ancient Core.
NOTE: You must have Houndmaster and Wud's shop in the same map to be able to activate the Ancient Construct.
You cannot keep the Control Rod. It will be removed from your inventory when you re-roll the world.
- Questline Information and Progression
- Related NPCs
- Endings impact
- Example Dialogue Lines
- "mmHmm...Take a Seat."
- "Quiet now."
- Your noise is digging your grave."
- Quest Progression optional dialogue
Notes & Tips
- Voiced by: Noshir Dalal
- Trivia and such go here
- Houndmaster was a member of one of the Buri tribes found on Rhom.
According to the Houndmaster, the Undying King would send his Vyr warriors to choose people from the tribes and it was considered an honor among the Buri. He discovered later that the chosen ones are killed. He was able to escape and went back to his tribe but was shunned by his tribe for his actions.
The Houndmaster later found a pack of hounds and started living with them, and considered them his family.
The pack did not attack the Houndmaster because of the Control Rod on his forehead which allowed him to control the hounds. Once broken, the hounds were free and Maul attack and killed him as a result.
- The rumor the Houndmaster heard about the Undying King grinding bodies into powder to maintain his immortality is false. His source of immortality is Rhom's guardian (pool).
Ace ♦ Bo ♦ Clementine ♦ Commander Ford ♦ Flautist ♦ Founder Ford ♦ Graveyard Elf ♦ Hunter (NPC) ♦ Iskal Queen ♦ Keeper Of The Labyrinth ♦ Krall Mother ♦ Mad Merchant ♦ Mar'Gosh ♦ McCabe ♦ Mud Tooth ♦ Navun ♦ Reggie ♦ Rigs ♦ Root Cultist ♦ Root Mother ♦ Sebum ♦ Sebum's Bodyguard ♦ Stuck Merchant ♦ Vargyl ♦ Wallace ♦ Wasteland Good Boy ♦ Whispers ♦ Wud
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Keeps glitching out for me. Maul gets stuck & can't they can't move.
What happens if you attack him and he run away?
I have the control rod but every time I find the houndmaster the world doesn't contain the merchant wud, is this a bug on survival?
Whoever wrote these instructions needs to go back to school and learn how to form sentences.
Houndmaster and Wod is located in Scouring Waste of Rhom
Not if you do keep asking him his secret of why the hounds dont attack him he will aggro you and you will have to kill him
using a sniper you can just one shot his horn thing
Interact with the fire to sit down and talk to him
Does anyone know what section of Rohm the stalkers den was located? I ran into him. I have killed Maul and talked to the merchant who let me know of the Rod. But idk what section
Hit E (talk/action) on the fire to buy the jerky. Boss is optional, you can run past while dogs are sleeping to skip
every time I encounter him on my re-rolls he always just says "take a seat" ive never got the chance to buy from him?
Not very good, this only explains that the boss is in rhom, it does not tell what part of rhom the boss is in