|An ancient, quick, and versatile blade suited for almost any situation. It excels at controlling areas with its wide-arcing swings and fast recovery. Excellent against hordes of smaller enemies and perfect for dealing damage in a pinch|
|Melee Weapon Type||Sword|
|Weakspot Bonus (applies to both melee and wave)||10%|
Charge attacks release an energy wave projectile that deals 86 damage allowing the wielder to strike enemies from much farther away.
Hero's Sword is a Melee Weapon and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Something familiar, but not too familiar.
Where to find Hero's Sword
- Can be acquired by killing 10 bosses in a single run of Survival Mode.
- Can be purchased from Rigs for 100 Glowing Fragments.
- Hero's Sword is an Account Bound item, this means that it can be used across on all your characters (this includes new characters and already created ones in both normal and hardcore difficulty).
How to use Hero's Sword
- Each melee weapon has a primary combo of three strikes in a row before executing another melee attack, these attacks are categorized into three types:
- Lunge Attack: This can be executed by pressing the attack button while sprinting.
- Normal Attack: These can be executed by continuously pressing the attack button for the primary three-hit combo.
- Charged Attack: This type of attack is executed by holding down and then releasing the attack button for heavier and harder swings.
Hero's Sword Upgrade Table
Requires crafting materials and scrap, totalling to xx Scrap, (list down the Crafting Materials used).
|Upgrade Level||Damage||Wave Damage|
|Hero's Sword +1||52.8||94.6|
|Hero's Sword +2||57.6||103.2|
|Hero's Sword +3||62.4||111.8|
|Hero's Sword +4||67.2||120.4|
|Hero's Sword +5||72||129|
|Hero's Sword +6||76.8||137.6|
|Hero's Sword +7||81.6||146.2|
|Hero's Sword +8||86.4||154.8|
|Hero's Sword +9||91.2||163.4|
|Hero's Sword +10||96||172|
|Hero's Sword +11||100.8||180.6|
|Hero's Sword +12||105.6||189.2|
|Hero's Sword +13||110.4||197.8|
|Hero's Sword +14||115.2||206.4|
|Hero's Sword +15||120||215|
|Hero's Sword +16||124.8||223.6|
|Hero's Sword +17||129.6||232.2|
|Hero's Sword +18||134.4||240.8|
|Hero's Sword +19||139.2||249.4|
|Hero's Sword +20||144||258|
Hero's Sword Notes
- Identical model to the starting sword, with a blue glowing aura
- Charged attacks have unlimited range, but cost 35 stamina on use. Energy Wave won't be triggered if you perform a heavy attack with less than 10 stamina, Armor Weight increases Stamina Consumption.
- Allows melee based build to damage enemies at considerable range.
- If the ranged attack hits an enemy, it will be considered a Charge Attack (it can trigger the effect of Butcher's Fetish or the Abrasive Amulet).
- Unlike the melee attack, the ranged attack can deal friendly fire because is a projectile, similar to firearms.
- It's suggested to use the Rusted Amulet for a more efficient spamming of the heavy attack.
- Due to the wave's large hitbox, it can easily be blocked by surfaces when used around corners or at close range.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Goes great with Bloodletter and Razorstone for fast healing when using the charge attacks. Razorwire necklace optional.
Also, great for Bloodborne enthusiasts.
Charged attacks deal nearly no damage against enemies in melee range, presumably to avoid double from beam hit + melee hit, but that makes this weapon ass for when you want to clear out some swarm mobs in your face.
Pretty sure this is suppose to be the same sword the protagonist of Chronos: Before the Ashes (prequel to Remnant) uses. Even seems to be ignited with the shadow gem.
I got the sword a year ago from Rigs, now I boot the game and neither Rigs nor I have it. Wtf?
right now the hero sword require corsus dlc
I want it so much
Charge attack seems to cost around 1/3 of stamina whatever the stuff equiped...
Trying to earn this weapon the normal way seems impossible. I can't ever get to 10 consecutive boss kills in Survival Mode. The farthest I've gotten is 5 or 6 bosses in before dying. Seems easier to just grind for 100 glowing fragments and buy the damn thing from Rigs.
"Aah, you were at my side, all along.
My true mentor...
My guiding moonlight..."
Is this supposed to be the moonlight sword of this game?
I wield: Excalibur!
Wonder if this or Worlds Edge is this games version of the MLGS.
It seems that the charged attack costs 1/3 of stamina, it does'nt seems to be a precise amount, also using lot of stuff to reduce stamina consumption does'nt reduce the cost (that is a bit sad imo)
But not too not familiaaaaarrrrrrr
This is DLC-only, to be clear. Not sure which.
why are people calling this sword weak? Use it for ranged attacks charged with razor ring for bleed and the faster melee attack ring and you have an infinite ammo ranged explosion weapon with bleed damage every hit
This sword is a zelda reference.
The new dlc, 2923, changed this weapon, making it only useful at range. It now has a base damage of 5, 15 when +10, ao it's useless as a melee weapon.
For those wondering how to get it from Rigs, it should be under "Crafting" when speaking to rigs, not "Buy Items" or "Upgrade". You don't have to have unlocked it prior, as one commenter mentioned. You don't even have to kill any bosses in Survival, though as stated you need 100 Glowing Shards. Mind you, I'm speaking off of experience from the PC version, not sure if the update has been included on console.
What triggers the sword appearing in rigs inventory though? Is it after beating the 10 bosses in a row?
Its now craft-able for 100 Glowing Shards from Upgrade Dude
I like the sword. The weird auro effect it has however doesn't fit the game at all. Same goes for the weird whispering while having it in hand. I wonder if they thought of some lore for this.
As an actual weapon tho it's absolut garbage. Nobody needs the extra reach on charge and the dmg is lower than the scrap sword.
Anyone else notice the whispering when you have the sword out
As ball-bustingly luck-based as Survival Mode is, you'd think killing ten bosses would net you something a lot more powerful than this.
this weapon is underwhelming, and garbage. just stick to worldbreaker/ Scar of the jungle god. Seriously.
hero sword stats base:48 +1:52.8 +2:57.6 +3:62.4 +4:67.2 +5:72 +6:75.8 +7:81.6 +8:86.4 +9:91.2 +10:96 +11:100.8 +12:105.6 +13:110.4 +14:115.2 +15:120 +16:124.8 +17:129.6 +18:134.4 +19:139.2 +20:144
5 bosses on survival = survivor goggles (20% scrap bonus+ scrap drops more often from breakables) 10 bosses on survival = heros sword (Item listed above, glows blue and has an extended range when charged) 50 bosses on survival = loop of prosperity (metal pickups are doubled) 75 bosses on survival = daredevil's charm (Increase all DMG by 25% per unequipped armor and take 1% more damage per peice missing) 90 bosses on survival = Black rose (Increase your CHEST armor set as if you were wearing 1 more peice) All of these must be done in ONE run to unlock. Any difficulty. Multiplayer works too. Good luck..
I have not seen it in campaign yet.. However it gets added to your account for all your characters if you kill 10 bosses in 1 run on survival. I died on boss 10 last night D:
Is this acquirable in the campaign as well? i've bought it in survival but there is little info elsewhere about this item.