Conjures an electrical storm centered around the caster which discharges lightning strikes that deal 40 SHOCK damage to nearby enemies within 35 meters and reduces incoming damage by 50%. Lasts 12 seconds.
Storm Caller is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Storm Caller Mod Information
Storm Caller is a Damage-focused mod that allows the caster to channel a storm around them, with a huge 35-meter area of effect, periodically striking enemies with lightning. Each strike deals 30 Shock Damage. While the effect is active, the caster floats into the air and can move freely, with increased movement speed and a 50% damage reduction. However, they cannot jump, perform dodges or shoot. The effect can be cancelled manually by pressing the cast button once again.
Storm Caller can be a devastating mod for clearing areas quickly, and is very effective in dungeons where enemies tend to be bunched up together. It benefits from Mod Damage and Elemental Damage bonus effects and, despite not being listed anywhere in the description, the mod also deals explosion damage and will benefit from Explosion Damage bonuses.
Storm Caller Mod Properties
- Mod Power cannot be generated for Storm Caller while its effect is active.
- Storm Caller can manually be cancelled by casting it again while the effect is active. However, this will completely empty its Mod Power charge regardless of when you cancel it.
- Storm Caller's damage per hit is affected by the level of the Weapon the mod is slotted into. Each weapon level increases the damage dealt by each lightning strike by +4. At Weapon Level 20, each lightning strike deals 120 damage.
- Each lightning strike's damage is further affected by Mod Damage effects, such as those provided by the Evocation Trait.
- Shock Damage is considered Elemental Damage, and is therefore affected by the Wisdom trait and similar effects. It can also be improved with the Storm Amulet which specifically boosts Shock Damage.
- Storm Caller also deals Explosion Damage and is affected by the Demolitionist Trait and similar effects.
- Note that Elemental Damage and Explosion Damage bonuses are not reflected in the mod's description in the menu, but are included in the damage calculations.
- Vulcan's Detonator grants Storm Caller a +25% damage bonus and will afflict enemies with the Burning effect, dealing damage over time. Note that in multiplayer, allies can also be set on fire with this combo. Without the amulet, Storm Caller will not deal damage to allies.
- Storm Caller's duration is affected by Mod Duration bonuses, such as those granted by the Concentration Trait and the Cultist's Armor Set's bonus.
How to Obtain Storm Caller in Remnant: From the Ashes
- Storm Crystal - Obtained by defeating the similarly named Stormcaller, a dungeon boss found in Yaesha.
- Lumenite Crystal x 5 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which randomly spawn throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Storm Caller Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Storm Caller Weapon Mod go here.