Increases Melee Speed.
+0.75% Melee Attack Speed.
+15% Melee Attack Speed.
Upgrade a Melee Weapon to +20.
Rapid Strike is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes. Traits are special passive abilities tied to character progression. They provide a large variety of effects including increasing core stats, improving offensive and defensive capabilities or providing quality of life upgrades. Traits are the key to building a character in a player's preferred playstyle, allowing them to branch off from their chosen Archetype. Traits are obtained by performing certain feats, defeating certain enemies or completing objectives and quests. Each Trait can be ranked up to Level 20, further improving their effects.
Bullets run out eventually, but blades and bludgeons will last as long as you can.
Remnant Rapid Strike Trait Effect Information
The Rapid Strike Trait increases Melee Attack Speed by +0.75% per Trait Point invested, up to a maximum of +15% Melee Attack Speed at Level 20.
Despite Remnant having a primarily ranged-focused combat system, increased Melee Attack Speed can still prove useful as melee is typically your last resort when enemies get up close. Aside from being able to slash and strike more quickly, it also shortens the recovery animation after each melee attack, allowing you to chain attacks much more quickly or simply break away from a combo and take evasive action. Rapid Strike is further improved by the Warrior Trait which increases melee damage, and Arcane Strike which allows melee attacks to generate Mod Power.
How to Obtain Rapid Strike in Remnant: From the Ashes
The Rapid Strike Trait can be unlocked as follows:
- Acquired by upgrading any standard Melee Weapon to +20, including your starter.
- Not applicable to Boss Weapons which only go up to +10.
Remnant: From the Ashes Rapid Strike Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes for the Rapid Strike Trait go here.
- All Traits can be ranked up by spending Trait Points on them. Trait Points are acquired primarily by obtaining Experience Points and leveling up. Every 1,500 Experience Points obtained grants 1 Trait Point.
- Trait Points can also be acquired by finding and picking up Tomes of Knowledge which randomly spawn in the major locations of each world.
- Traits can be reset by using an Orb of Undoing, acquired at the end of main Campaign. After completing the Campaign, these orbs can then be purchased from Reggie in Ward 13 for 2,500 Scrap apiece.
|All Traits in Remnant: From the Ashes|
Arcane Strike ♦ Armor Piercer ♦ Bark Skin ♦ Blood Bond ♦ Catalyst ♦ Climber ♦ Cold as Ice ♦ Concentration ♦ Demolitionist ♦ Elder Knowledge ♦ Endurance ♦ Evocation ♦ Executioner ♦ Exploiter ♦ Flash Caster ♦ Footwork ♦ Fortification ♦ Glutton ♦ Guardian's Blessing ♦ Handling ♦ Hard Charger ♦ Heavy Hitter ♦ Invoker ♦ Keeper's Blessing ♦ Kingslayer ♦ Last Resort ♦ Luminescent ♦ Mind's Eye ♦ Mother's Blessing ♦ Potency ♦ Quick Hands ♦ Recovery ♦ Revivalist ♦ Scavenger ♦ Shadow Walker ♦ Siphoner ♦ Sleight of Hand ♦ Spirit ♦ Steady Breathing ♦ Suspicion ♦ Swiftness ♦ Teamwork ♦ Tormentor ♦ Triage ♦ Trigger Happy ♦ Vaccine ♦ Vigor ♦ Warrior ♦ Will to Live ♦ Wisdom ♦ World Walker
Does this also increase the speed of the melee charged attack?
Strangely enough, I acquired this by dying with the Hero's Sword in hand.
I got it when was messing around and punched rhiphide.
No enimie or boss in the entire game will ever drop a tome of knowledge. Doo not believe everything you read on the internet kids.
I have no melee weapon at level 20, the closest is the guardian axe +9 and after using liquid escape in the dungeon with the deer bell puzzle on yaesha i got the trait on respawn for some reason.