Summons a full automatic TURRET that shoots at 5 rounds per second and deals 5 damage per hit. Lasts 30 seconds. (Max 2)
Iron Sentinel is a Weapon Mod in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapon Mods are components that grant active abilities which can be used in and out of combat. These Mods provide a variety of effects including dealing damage, healing, buffing players and more. Most Mods can be freely slotted in and out of standard Weapons, while the unique Boss Weapons have their own Mods that cannot be removed. Weapon Mod abilities require Mod Power to use, which is generated by attacking enemies.
Remnant Iron Sentinel Mod Information
Iron Sentinel is a Summon type mod that deploys a full-auto Turret that automatically attacks enemies in the vicinity, dealing 5 damage per hit and firing at a rate of 5 rounds per second. The mod hold up to 2 Charges and the caster can summon up to two Turrets at any one time. Attempting to summon more than two will replace one of the Turrets currently deployed, but this also serves to essentially refresh their duration.
Iron Sentinel is excellent for locking an area down, as well as dealing consistent damage to powerful enemies. While they are powerful, the Turrets are stationary and will not move with the caster unlike other Summons. This makes them vulnerable to enemies who decide to target them, or to AoE effects.
Iron Sentinel Mod Properties
- The damage dealt by each Turret is affected by the level of the Weapon that the mod is equipped in. Each weapon level increases damage dealt by +0.5. At Weapon Level 20, Turrets deal 15 damage per hit.
- The Turrets' damage is further affected by Mod Damage and Summon Damage bonuses, such as those granted by the Evocation and Invoker Traits, respectively. The Turrets gain a bonus damage of +35% from these Traits alone when they are maxed.
- The Soul Link ring grants a 5% Life Steal component to damage dealt by Summons, healing the caster with every hit. This is a great ring to combine with the Iron Sentinel mod, especially when two Turrets are active, keeping the caster topped up very easily with their rapid fire.
- The Soul Ember ring can turn the Turrets into landmines that the caster can set off manually by shooting them. At high enough weapon levels, this serves as a great crowd clearing ability, coupled with the Iron Sentinel mod's relatively quick recharge.
How to Obtain Iron Sentinel in Remnant: From the Ashes
- Ancient Core - Obtained by defeating the Ancient Construct, a secret Boss that can be found outside Wud's shop in Rhom. Fighting this Boss has a few pre-requisites:
- You must re-roll Rhom until you have both Wud's shop and the Maul boss encounter in the same world.
- In the Maul boss encounter, you will see the non-hostile Houndmaster sitting by the sleeping dogs. Instead of attacking the dogs to begin the fight, aim at the Houndmaster's horn and destroy it. Maul will then awaken and attack its master. After defeating it, you will receive the Control Rod as a bonus reward. Note that if you die during the encounter, the Houndmaster will not respawn, but you will still receive the Control Rod after defeating Maul.
- Head to Wud's shop and look for the inactive Ancient Construct outside. Interact with it and place the control rod in its chest to activate the Boss fight. Defeat it to earn the core.
- Note that the Control Rod does not persist between re-rolls and you cannot bring it across Campaign and Adventure Mode sessions, hence the need to roll both Wud and Maul in the same world.
- Lumenite Crystal x 5 - Obtained by defeating Elite enemies which randomly spawn throughout the overworld and in dungeons.
Remnant: From the Ashes Iron Sentinel Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Iron Sentinel Weapon Mod go here.