Fortification is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes. Traits are special passive abilities tied to character progression. They provide a large variety of effects including increasing core stats, improving offensive and defensive capabilities or providing quality of life upgrades. Traits are the key to building a character in a player's preferred playstyle, allowing them to branch off from their chosen Archetype. Traits are obtained by performing certain feats, defeating certain enemies or completing objectives and quests. Each Trait can be ranked up to Level 20, further improving their effects.
One who challenges you challenges us all.
Remnant Fortification Trait Effect Information
The Fortification Trait reduces damage received while reviving teammates by -1.25% per Trait Point invested, up to a maximum of -25% Damage Reduction at Level 20.
Fortification goes hand-in-hand with the Revivalist Trait and makes it much easier to revive teammates in multiplayer. Its damage reduction also stacks with all of your standard defensive Traits such as Mother's Blessing, Guardian's Blessing and Bark Skin.
How to Obtain Fortification in Remnant: From the Ashes
The Fortification Trait can be unlocked as follows:
- Acquired by collecting the Hero's Ring during the Fetid Pools event on Corsus. See the Fetid Pools page for details.
- Requires the Swamps of Corsus DLC to unlock.
Remnant: From the Ashes Fortification Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes for the Fortification Trait go here.
- All Traits can be ranked up by spending Trait Points on them. Trait Points are acquired primarily by obtaining Experience Points and leveling up. Every 1,500 Experience Points obtained grants 1 Trait Point.
- Trait Points can also be acquired by finding and picking up Tomes of Knowledge which randomly spawn in the major locations of each world.
- Traits can be reset by using an Orb of Undoing, acquired at the end of main Campaign. After completing the Campaign, these orbs can then be purchased from Reggie in Ward 13 for 2,500 Scrap apiece.
|All Traits in Remnant: From the Ashes|
Arcane Strike ♦ Armor Piercer ♦ Bark Skin ♦ Blood Bond ♦ Catalyst ♦ Climber ♦ Cold as Ice ♦ Concentration ♦ Demolitionist ♦ Elder Knowledge ♦ Endurance ♦ Evocation ♦ Executioner ♦ Exploiter ♦ Flash Caster ♦ Footwork ♦ Glutton ♦ Guardian's Blessing ♦ Handling ♦ Hard Charger ♦ Heavy Hitter ♦ Invoker ♦ Keeper's Blessing ♦ Kingslayer ♦ Last Resort ♦ Luminescent ♦ Mind's Eye ♦ Mother's Blessing ♦ Potency ♦ Quick Hands ♦ Rapid Strike ♦ Recovery ♦ Revivalist ♦ Scavenger ♦ Shadow Walker ♦ Siphoner ♦ Sleight of Hand ♦ Spirit ♦ Steady Breathing ♦ Suspicion ♦ Swiftness ♦ Teamwork ♦ Tormentor ♦ Triage ♦ Trigger Happy ♦ Vaccine ♦ Vigor ♦ Warrior ♦ Will to Live ♦ Wisdom ♦ World Walker