Bark Skin is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes. Traits are special passive abilities tied to character progression. They provide a large variety of effects including increasing core stats, improving offensive and defensive capabilities or providing quality of life upgrades. Traits are the key to building a character in a player's preferred playstyle, allowing them to branch off from their chosen Archetype. Traits are obtained by performing certain feats, defeating certain enemies or completing objectives and quests. Each Trait can be ranked up to Level 20, further improving their effects.
The Root are strong. You can't defeat 'em if you don't know 'em--if you don't get into their skin.
Remnant Bark Skin Trait Effect Information
The Bark Skin Trait increases Armor Effectiveness by +0.75% per Trait Point invested, up to a maximum of +15% Armor Effectiveness at Level 20.
Bark Skin is a straightforward Trait that increases the Armor stat value of all your equipped Armor, essentially improving your overall defense. It is especially important for light armor wearers, allowing them to maintain very low encumbrance while still sporting decent defense. In terms of priority, Bark Skin is somewhere between Keeper's Blessing which raises elemental damage resistances, and either Mother's Blessing or Guardian's Blessing which reduce ranged damage and melee damage received, respectively. Because Armor upgrades already increase their Armor stat value, but not their Elemental Resistances, Keeper's is generally considered the more valuable defensive trait.
How to Obtain Bark Skin in Remnant: From the Ashes
The Bark Skin Trait can be unlocked as follows:
- Bark Skin relies on two random encounters on Earth.
- The first is the Showdown at Junk Town where you will meet the Mad Merchant in an event dungeon called Junk Town . You can annoy the merchant into fighting you by selecting the dialogue options to ask about the mask he is wearing. After defeating him, you will receive the Twisted Mask armor piece.
- The second encounter is the Wailing Tree which can spawn in the overworld section of Earth, typically in the middle of the map. This tree typically cannot be interacted with but can be attacked to begin a wave-based event that awards the Twisted Idol amulet. If you want the Bark Skin Trait, however, do not attack the tree. Instead, equip the Twisted Mask acquired from the Mad Merchant and speak to the tree. Note that the Trait can only be obtained by one player per playthrough.
- Both can spawn within the same playthrough and both are available in Campaign and Adventure Mode playthroughs of Earth.
Remnant: From the Ashes Bark Skin Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes for the Bark Skin Trait go here.
- All Traits can be ranked up by spending Trait Points on them. Trait Points are acquired primarily by obtaining Experience Points and leveling up. Every 1,500 Experience Points obtained grants 1 Trait Point.
- Trait Points can also be acquired by finding and picking up Tomes of Knowledge which randomly spawn in the major locations of each world.
- Traits can be reset by using an Orb of Undoing, acquired at the end of main Campaign. After completing the Campaign, these orbs can then be purchased from Reggie in Ward 13 for 2,500 Scrap apiece.
|All Traits in Remnant: From the Ashes|
Arcane Strike ♦ Armor Piercer ♦ Blood Bond ♦ Catalyst ♦ Climber ♦ Cold as Ice ♦ Concentration ♦ Demolitionist ♦ Elder Knowledge ♦ Endurance ♦ Evocation ♦ Executioner ♦ Exploiter ♦ Flash Caster ♦ Footwork ♦ Fortification ♦ Glutton ♦ Guardian's Blessing ♦ Handling ♦ Hard Charger ♦ Heavy Hitter ♦ Invoker ♦ Keeper's Blessing ♦ Kingslayer ♦ Last Resort ♦ Luminescent ♦ Mind's Eye ♦ Mother's Blessing ♦ Potency ♦ Quick Hands ♦ Rapid Strike ♦ Recovery ♦ Revivalist ♦ Scavenger ♦ Shadow Walker ♦ Siphoner ♦ Sleight of Hand ♦ Spirit ♦ Steady Breathing ♦ Suspicion ♦ Swiftness ♦ Teamwork ♦ Tormentor ♦ Triage ♦ Trigger Happy ♦ Vaccine ♦ Vigor ♦ Warrior ♦ Will to Live ♦ Wisdom ♦ World Walker